Auditions for the Docktown Play
Tuesday, August 29 6-8pm
Callbacks will be held the following day, August 30th, 6-8pm. Location will be provided via email to those invited following the auditions.
If you have any questions, please contact Fuse Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This original play was created in collaboration with the residents of Docktown – a small floating home community in Redwood City on the verge of losing their homes. The play tells the story of characters facing a devastating loss while the embody the community spirit and contagious energy found in the real-life people of Docktown.
Character List: (all characters are non-ethnic specific)
- Eilene – Docktown’s newest resident. Always learning. What has she learned by the end? F 50s-70s
- RR – Stanford Professor/Yoga Enthusiast. The Know-it-All. Always correcting. How can he fix what’s wrong now? M/F 40s-60s
- Kelly – A Public Defender. Ready with the documents. Always planning. No time to worry, time to get a strategy. How many moves are left? M/F 40s-60s
- Leon – Retired Reporter/Old Curmudgeon. A Vietnam Veteran and longtime resident. Always remembering. How does he contextualize their experience? Develops the B&B plan for Docktown. M 60s-80s
- Mira – The Drifter. Recovering Alcoholic. Always smiling. It’s the not the worst spot she’s ever been in. M/F 30s-60s
- Doug – Good-natured Barfly. The Crusader. Always talking. Processing everything through words. Leads the Creek Cleanup effort. M 50s-60s
- Paulette – Yacht Club Commodore. Unflappable. Always providing. As solid as the mast of a longboat. Even those bend in the storm now and then. F 50s/60s
- Sonja – Paulette’s daughter. Ages from 14-18 during the play F 14-18
- Noel – Former Pilot. Always watching. Never speaks, just sits in the background occasionally. M/F 50s-70s