Call for new Short [Digital] Plays
2020 Redwood City Play Festival
EXTENDED Application Deadline: June 7, 2020
Festival: June 15-21, 2020
New Play “Zoom” Table-Readings: June 17-18, 2020
Redwood City Play Festival’s CO-EXIST is going digital for 2020! Our online festival will include readings of new short plays from local playwrights. We are seeking original play submissions for our Remarkable Mysteries: stories of cross-cultural confluence in strange and perplexing circumstances. Peet Cocke, slated to direct No Such Cold Thing, will be the project’s organizer.
- There is no entry fee.
- Plays should 5 – 20 minutes running time.
- Plays should have a maximum of 5 characters, and up to 6 plays will be selected.
- Playwrights may submit up to three (3) entries, and only .pdf format will be accepted.
- Plays should contain subject matter centered around characters from different cultural, ethnic, and/or socio-economic histories thrust together into inexplicable, bizarre, and mysterious circumstances or situations. (contact email@example.com if you have questions.)
- All genres are encouraged including comedies, musicals, and dramas. The plays will be “performed” as table readings, any lyrics will be spoken, not sung.
- Plays should not have had a previous production or have been published for commercial distribution. Staged readings are okay.
- If play is not written in English, playwright should be prepared to offer linguist support and resources including actors for reading.
- The title page should contain the title of the play, author’s name, and email.
- Please put page numbers and title of play on each page of the submitted script.
- Scripts should be properly formatted, using this format.
- If you have actors, or stage managers who can assist by reading stage directions, please include their names in the form.
Playwrights will receive (at least) $50 award (more if we secure more funding!).