Fuse Theatre Audition Information
TYA Touring Production
Lily’s Wings, a bilingual (Spanish/English) touring play, follows the story of Lily, a middle school student, and her older sister’s friend as a “boyfriend” trafficker targets them. The play brings awareness to the issue of trafficking and one way young people are targeted. While the subject area is serious, the play is appropriate for youth. A brief overview of human trafficking will precede the play and support by community partners will be available. Directed by Stacey Ardelean.
We encourage actors of color, Trans/Non-binary/GNC actors to audition. Actors will be paid a weekly fee DOE.
All Auditions will be at Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula, 1109 Hilton, Redwood City, CA 94061
Open General Auditions: Saturday, March 2nd, 6:30pm-8:30pm
10-minute time slots are available; Please prepare a short (3 minute) contemporary dramatic monologue. You can view available time slots and sign up for an audition by following viewing our audition page on Casting Manager: http://www.castingmanager.com/audition/info/c9xdhW11PLF3i2K
SIGNING UP FOR AN AUDITION WITH CASTING MANAGER:
- You will need to create a free profile with Casting Manager, or sign in to an existing account in order to schedule an audition. You may need to sign in before following the link.
- Select the role you are most interested in to be taken to the submission page to schedule an audition or submit a video. You will be able to note other roles you are interested in.
- Update your profile in Casting Manager with your headshot and resume.
Please contact Annette Koehn, Casting Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, or challenges signing up for an audition time.
Callbacks: Sunday, March 3rd, 1pm-3pm Callbacks will be reading from the play.
Character Breakdown: All actors should be bilingual
- Lily, pre-teen Latina- wants to be noticed and accepted by older sister and friends, innocent but curious
- Camila, mid-teens, Latina, Maribel’s friend, dating Vic and increasingly becomes controlled by him. Has dreams of being a vet – good with animals.
- Maribel, mid-teens, Latina, Lily’s protective older sister, helps her single-mother take care of Lily.
- Abuelo, 50-60s Latino, Camila’s Abuelo and guardian, suffers a fall and is using a walker
- Vic, ate teens/early twenties, Latino, trafficking perpetrator pretending to be Camila’s boyfriend. May have been a victim himself.
- Older Lily & voice of Mom, F, 30s-40s, Latina, Play begins with older Lily flashing back to Camila’s abduction, also plays the voice of the Lily/Maribel’s mother.
First Rehearsal: 4/2/19 Tech: 4/30, 5/1, & 5/2 (evenings) First Performance: 5/3 Closing: 5/26/19
Rehearsal Schedule: Tues-Thurs evenings, two Saturdays (6th and 13th) afternoon, No Easter weekend
Performance Schedule: TBD
This production will tour to schools, community centers, libraries, etc. around the Peninsula
- Wed – Sun: Evenings
- Wed, Sat, Sun Afternoons
- no more than 4 performances per week
- other performance requests will be confirmed with cast and crew after first rehearsal date